I seriously think CNN or radio stations need to do a special on what people should NOT do at a pharmacy. Pharmacists don't go to school for 6+ years to be treated like crap and the people working inside the pharmacy don't deserve to be treated like trash by ignorant patients. Here's a quick and EXTREMELY SHORT list of what NOT to do at a pharmacy:
1) Don't throw/chuck your credit card into the drive through bin like some dog's dinner.
2) Get off the damn phone unless it's with your insurance.
3) Believe it or not, there are people are ahead of you. Don't come into the pharmacy expecting to be treated like royalty and have your prescription filled ahead of everyone.
4) Don't come back in 10 minutes when we told you 30 minutes to fill your prescription.
5) Don't sit at the drive through window waiting for your prescription. Come back later or come inside.
6) Understand how your insurance works and what they will pay for. It's not always the pharmacy's fault!
7) No we will not fill your controlled medications early. It's federal law. You can threaten us with transfers but here's the thing: you're still not getting it filled until the next fill date.
8) Do not and I repeat DO NOT press the call button at the drive through if a staff member sees you. It pisses everyone in the pharmacy off and chances are, you'll be waiting more than the average wait time *coughKayleighcough*
With that rant aside...here's an extremely quick recipe for breakfast. Oatmeal Crêpes with Bacon is prepared within 15 minutes max and is a healthy and fast breakfast for the weekdays. Contrary to popular beliefs, studies have shown that people who consume bacon in moderation at breakfast tend to feel fuller longer throughout the day therefore eating less. Combining the heart healthy oatmeal with whole wheat flour, this makes for a healthy breakfast for the whole family!
Oatmeal Crepes w/ Bacon
Adapted from 30-Minutes Meals, Serves 4
- 0.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons regular oatmeal
- pinch of salt
- 0.666 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 8 strips of bacon (2 per person)
1) Fry the bacon in a pan until to desired crispiness. I was reading last month's Men's Health and they said bacon cooked in the oven tastes better than pan-fried bacon. I'm still skeptic but I'll try it out and let you guys know.
2) Combine the flour, oatmeal, pinch of salt, milk and egg. Beat together until at the consistency of a loose pancake batter.
3) Butter or oil a hot pan and wipe lightly with a paper towel. Pour 0.25 cup of the crêpe batter into the pan and cook for 1 minute over medium-low heat until golden. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds - 1 minute.
4) Fold the crêpes in half and place 2 strips of bacon in the middle. Serve with an amazing fried egg and drizzle sugar-free syrup over the crêpes if desired.
The weekend can't come fast enough!
Barbecue, Beer and Bourbon
15 hours ago