I love having guests over but there seems to be a common trend that always occurs the day after they leave. My pantry/fridge is completely diminished. The payoff for having great persons over for a week!
I was going to make this for us yesterday as a snack but never got around to making it due to time constraints. By time constraints I mean the idiots in charge of Georgia's roads having construction downtown in the afternoon/night. Why not start at 11pm or midnight and work till dawn with lights instead of clogging up traffic the entire day. Whatever.
This stuffed mushroom is great as a snack, appetizer and even breakfast. Flavored with savory ricotta, nutty walnuts and a touch of sweetness of honey, it's an all-around combo. Takes about 15 - 20 minutes to make and as always, pretty tasty.
Ricotta Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms
Original, Serves 4 as an Appetizer
- 8oz baby portobell mushrooms, cleaned
- 1.25 cup ricotta cheese
- 0.25 cup walnuts, crushed/chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons of fresh oregano)
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Clean and take out the stem of the mushrooms using a paring knife.
3) Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle olive oil over the sheet. Place the mushrooms cap side down on the baking sheet. Season the mushrooms lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4) Mix together the ricotta cheese, walnuts, oregano, Parmesan and honey in a mixing bowl. Mix well until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning or add more honey to taste. The mixture should be savory with a slight touch of sweetness from the honey.
5) Fill each mushroom cap with the ricotta cheese walnut mixture and place back onto the baking sheet.
6) Season lightly again with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
7) Serve immediately and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the top if desired.
CWPR Restaurant Week Starts This Weekend!
1 hour ago