Summer is finally coming to an end and even in Georgia we are starting to feel the cool (and awesome) fall air in the mornings. Now is the best time to use up what summer tomatoes and basil you have left growing out in the back!
I used to make this corn salad on Sunday or Mondays of every week to bring as a lunch side at the hospital. It's fast, gets better as it sits in the fridge and a healthy way incorporate veggies into your diet. This is how I make the corn salad but you can always change up the veggies so it fits your or your family's tastes.
Summer Corn Salad
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of corn, rinsed
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, deseed and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- bunch of basil
1) Rinse black bean and corn through water. Pour into a big bowl.
2) Dice up tomatoes, red onion - toss into big bowl.
3) Add lime zest and juice to the same bowl.
4) Season with salt, pepper (to taste) and add olive oil.5) Chiffonade basil and mix everything together until evenly distributed